Monday, February 25, 2008

ON TO HARVARD



What a week this has been. My memoir, Hats and Eyeglasses, was published on February 14th. Since then, I have gotten rave reviews in The New York Post, USA Today, Bloomberg News, The Times Picayune, AP, and half a dozen others. The New York Times ran an amazing piece by Joyce Wadler about me and my house in the Home section, and Tara Parker Pope blogged about Hats & Eyeglasses in her New York Times blog, WELL. I was on the Lenny Lopate show on WNYC, and did a standing-room-only reading at Barnes & Noble in Chelsea. This all seems an embarrassment of riches, but I'm remembering to enjoy the ride and not pooh-pooh the whole thing away.

And now, this college drop-out is heading to Harvard! Yup, leaving for Boston tomorrow for three days of TV (Wednesday morning's Good Morning Boston on Fox TV somewhere between 7:30 and 7:45 AM, and a half hour on BATV's Behind the Pages, which will be broadcast sometime in the next few weeks), taping Here and Now at WBUR, and capping it all off with a reading at the Harvard Coop Wednesday night at 7. So if you know anyone in Boston, tell them to come see me that night and to say hello. I love talking to the people who show up at my readings, and signing their copies of Hats & Eyeglasses.

1 comment:

Nancy Durant said...

How many different ways can I tell you how much I loved the book?
You are the best!